Friday, March 9, 2018

Welcome Home

     I'm really into birdhouses this week but I'm still trying to convince Mother Nature that it's time for Spring.  :-D  We start a new challenge today at QKR Stampede and our theme is always Anything Goes.  This sweet little image came from QKR and is called "Birdhouse and Vines."


     I colored the image with ProMarkers and polychromos pencils, then cut it with a Bo Bunny die.  The dark green frame is also a Bo Bunny cut.  The background paper is embossed with a Swiss Dots folder but I had added embossing ink to the dot side before I ran the folder through the Cuttlebug.  When it came out, I sprinkled it with glittery EP and heat embossed it.  It had to be trimmed to the size I wanted and I mounted the image pieces onto it.  This is a new technique for me and I'm going to be doing more of it.

     I printed the sentiment and mounted it onto a scrap of the embossed paper.  Finally, I added bakers' twine and the die cut, burlap, butterfly.

     Challenges:
Addicted to Stamps & More
Crafting by Designs
Crafty Creations
Crafty Gals Corner
Creative Moments
I {heart} ProMarkers
Paper Shelter
Penny's Paper Crafty
Scrappy Land
That's Crafty

     Come play along with us this week, won't you?  We love being inspired by you.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

11 comments:

Bernardine Cuttino said...

A beautiful design to bring in the Spring Season with eye catching details. Thanks for joining us at scrapyland-blog.com.
Hugs
Berni DT

jimlynn said...

Love the dark colored frame around that cute and pretty birdhouse! Outstanding card Connie.
I used to collect birdhouses - for inside the house and out - and this reminds me one that I used to have.
Lynn

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and great image love the little hessian birdhouse--do you think if we all post Spring cards she might listen
Carol x

Lori Kobular said...

I want that birdhouse and those flowers in my back yard ~ Right Now!! I love your beautiful card! I have a thing for birdhouses! This one would fit perfectly into my back yard!

Debbie Sherman said...

Beautiful card thanks for playing along with the design team

Jill Tiffany said...

Thank you for playing with us at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge.
Hugs,
Jill ~ DT

Tanja said...

adorable little project - thanks for playing along at the Addicted to Stamps and More Make your Mark Challenge

Creative world said...

Lovely image and coloring and beautiful design...thank you for joining us at ATSM challenge
Željka DT xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Beautiful card Connie, love the image and how you have shown it off.
Faith
x

Cards By Leona said...

Lovely colouring - and great card. Thank you for joining the challenge at Creative Moments Leona x

Fliss said...

A very pretty card Connie and love the bright colours.
Thanks for joining in with our Spring challenge at That's Crafty! and wishing you luck.
Fliss DT x