Monday, May 15, 2017

Sweet Summer

     Time for another Progressive Challenge project, this time at Scrapper's Delights on their Facebook page.  Such a great image for a summery card.  :-D


     I colored the image with my ProMarkers, using warm & bright, summery colors, and then cut it with one of my newest Spellbinders dies.  The frame was cut with another new die and, while the two dies I used are from completely different companies, they work so well together you'd almost think they were both from the same Spellbinders set.

     I wish I could tell you more about that second die I used for the dark orange frame but it's one of those "Unbranded" dies, sold by an online company I recently discovered where dies are sold at two-thirds to one-half the price of other dies.  When they arrive, they are packaged in simple cellophane bags with no brands or markings of any kind.  But they work just fine!

     I tied a simple bow, using polka dot ribbon, then printed and cut the sentiment.  The frames were so detailed that I felt they should be showcased instead of adding more embellishments.

     Challenges:
Addicted to Stamp
Crafty Addicts
Crafty Cardmakers
Crazy Challenge
Creative Moments
Penny's Paper-Crafty
Simon Says Stamp
Word Art Weds.

     My first card celebrating summer but that doesn't mean I'm rushing it to get here.  Summer where I live means hot, hot,  HOT!!! and I really am a cold weather person.  Not the 'snow' kind of cold, but certainly I would love to be where it never gets hotter than 80 F.  We suffer in the 105 to 110 range day after day after day from June through August, and often into September.  I just sit and pray for it to be October.  :-D  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

13 comments:

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,love the image.xxx

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous card Connie, I am so loving the warm colours which are some of my favourite. The image is beautifully coloured too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Glenda Atkins said...

Lovely card Connie, love to see the colour orange as it is a relatively unused colour. You seem to handle all colours very well. The die cuts are fabulous.
hugs
Glenda

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Such a pretty card! Thank you for sharing your card with ATSM!

Anet's Crafting said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Penny’s Paper-Crafty. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

Judy McKay said...

Very cute card. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this week. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Your card is hot, hot, hot, even though you may not like it in the Summer, it is fabulous on your card.
Faith
x

Beebeebabs said...

Very cute card and image thanks for sharing!!!

Gale said...

Lovely fun card Connie. Thanks for joining us at The Crafty Addicts and we hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Gale DT

Creaine said...

Nice work. Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenge. Good luck.
Bye, Groetjes van Ine (DT)
http://creaine-cards.blogspot.nl/

Josephine said...

So sweet!

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers!

Maikreations said...

Such a lovely colour scheme and a great card to wish someone a "Sweet Summer" ;o) Thank you for joining our "Sentiment" challenge at the Crafty Cardmakers. Happy crafting and all the best, Maike

Ginny Maxam said...

This Card is really delightful! Your Coloring, detailing and layer are awesome. Thank you for joining In the Word Art Wednesday fun! Ginny M DT