Monday, May 22, 2017

Giraffe or Not?

     I have a very dear friend who celebrates her birthday at the end of May and she's coming up on 81 this year!  She adores giraffes and I have made a card for her each year with some kind of giraffe on it.

     This year I got to use a couple of darling animals from Ike's Art and I'm using this as my DT card for the new Ike's World challenge which starts today.  While it is always an "Anything Goes" theme, we also give you an optional twist which you can use if you choose.  The optional twist this time is "Happy" - so I thought I'd try to make someone smile.  I know she'll smile over this one.  :-D


     Both of the images came from Ike's "Krazee Kritterz."  It's such a fun set and I only used 2 of the Kritters included in that set.  Check them out by clicking on the name above.

     I used my Promarkers to color the images.   The background paper was made by me with watercolors and a brush on watercolor paper.  I cut the image with a plain rectangle die from Spellbinders and then matted it with black CS.  I added the twine and tied a bow, then added a butterfly which had been die cut from burlap paper (Cheery Lynn die.)

     This has to go in the mail so I kept it fairly simple and as flat as possible.

     Challenges:
Art Impressions
Aud Sentiments
Crafty Creations
Creative Inspirations
Fab 'n' Funky
Inspiration Destination
Kraftin' Kimmie
Penny's Paper-Crafty
Pile It On
Word Art Weds.

     Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

11 comments:

ike said...

Hee hee hee - how cool is this card ? I love the poor little giraffe-awannabee LoL I hope your friend loves this too. :-D Thank you very much for making this for me at IWC.
Hugz
IKE xxx

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

That HAS to be Your quote, I LOVE it, this is just wonderful, so fun and lovely too,
I love how you have done the background to suit each animal.
Faith
x

Linda Simpson said...

Oh my goodness Connie, this is precious! Love the sentiment and beautiful images.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Anne Temple said...

This is so cute! Love the word bubbles you've added.

Dixie Designs by Gill said...

I love Giraffes they make such cute cards xx

mixamatoasties said...

Great card.

Thanks for sharing at FabNFunky.

Susan

Teresa Arsenault said...

That is so cute and I love the background. hugs, Teresa

Cheri Burry said...

Oh this just makes me giggle and is perfect for our Dots & Stripes Challenge! Thanks for playing along with us over at Art Impressions!

Furrbster said...

This is so fun!!!!

Super to see you playing along at Aud Sentiments,

Hugz Tinz

Art Tart on a Farm said...

This card definitely made me laugh and happy

vicky's scrapping passion said...

So so funny. Love the design and card. Tfs and for joining us at PIO's Challenge #130 - Animal and/or Spring Garden.