Sunday, January 8, 2017

Winter's Wild Rose

     I was walking through a field near where I live and ran across a wild rose bush with two hardy and determined blooms proclaiming their love of the rain we've had over the last 2 weeks in the midst of year five of the worst drought in recorded weather statistics.  I was so impressed by that rose bush, I came home and made this card, using a beautiful image from MHK Designs.

     Since December was my last month on that DT, it feels good to be using one of Mynn's lovely images again.  And this time, I get to play in the challenge over there instead of having done a DT card for it!   :-D


I started off with the sketch from Sketch Saturday
but I flipped it top to bottom.


     I used chalk markers to color the rose then cut it and the light pink frame, which is patterned dp,  with dies from Sue Wilson.  The lace is new, one of the goodies I found at the after Christmas sales.  The deep pink dp is also from MHK Designs, but after I printed it, I ran it back through the printer to print outline images of the same rose onto it.

     The feather was in my stash and I only remembered to add it because I had been cleaning and reorganizing my craft room and ran across the box of feathers I have on hand.  Do you ever "lose" things in all the supplies you have?  No, no, don't fib to me about it!  lol

     I plan to use this one as a birthday card.

     Challenges:
A Gem of a Challenge
Catch the Bug
Chalk n Stock
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper
Jo's Scrap Shack
MHK Designs
Not Just Cards
Outlawz PAM
Paper Creator's Crafts
Petal Lu
Sweet Stampin'

     OK, wishing wild roses to all those of you who are buried under snow or who are trying to avoid the flooding on the West Coast.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie    

24 comments:

ike said...

Very pretty and I love that gorgeous rose. How wonderful to hear about the wild roses struggling through :-) Yes - I 'lose' things too hahaha xxx

Donna Hanley said...

Yes good luck to all those buried roses, but they are strong and will pop their little heads out sooner or later. You did a wonderful job with this very pretty image. Your colors are soft and sweet. Yes I'm guilty of losing things all the time. I lose thing sitting right at my desk. If I didn't have to spend so much time finding things I could make double the amount of card. LOL Have a wonderful day.

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous, love the colours you have used on the roses. Beautiful feather too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Jackie T said...

Hi Connie this is a stunning card. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Claire Broadwater said...

Connie, this is beautiful! I love how you were inspired on your walk! I love roses! So happy you joined us at Sketch Saturday this week! XX

Bernardine Cuttino said...

Wow NC, this is gorgeous. Amazing image and coloring. Sinmply elegant
Hugs
Berni

Heather said...

Very pretty!! I love the bit of lace along the top and bottom. And, yes, I definitely have "lost" things in the midst of all my supplies! Thanks for playing with Jo's Scrap Shack.

Teresa Arsenault said...

This is beautiful and it is lovely to hear how you were inspired. hugs, Teresa

Mynn xx said...

This is so beautiful, NC! I LOVE the soft colors you used--and the added feather is fabulous! Thank you so much for joining us at MHKDesigns! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Shawna said...

Hello!! So happy to see you here at MHKDesigns as a participant. This card is amazingly beautiful but why would I be surprised... Great colors and composition! Thanks NanaConnie for joining us at MHKDesigns... See you soon!
Cyber Hugs,
Shawna

Renate´s Stempelwelt said...

Hi, beautiful card with the rose :-) elegant.
Thanks for joining us at SKETCH SATURDAY.
Hugs, Renate

Peanut said...

Absolutely gorgeous, NC. LOVE how you've added the image to the bg paper too. Pure genius! Hope you are feeling better, my friend. Thank you so much for playing along with MHKD and we hope to see more lovely projects from you.
x Asha

Gale said...

This is lovely Connie. Love your take on the sketch. Thanks for sharing with us at Sketch Saturday and we hope you join us again soon. Hugs, Gale DT

Cass said...

Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'
Cass xx

mixamatoasties said...

Lovely card.

Thanks for sharing at Sweet Stampin'.

Susan

cotnob said...

A beautiful card, such a pretty image.
Thank you for joining us at A Gem of A Challenge.
Pauline
x
I have candy on my blog if you would like to take a look -
Crafting with Cotnob

Crafty Pink Pixie said...

Pretty card; love all the layers! :)

Jessica K said...

WOW! I love the colors you used on the card. Thanks for joining us this month at MHKDesigns Monthly Challenge!

Monica taylor said...

Beautiful card and great colors. Thanks for playing along with our challenge over at MHK Designs

Rocky said...

Good to see your work again NC. Thank you for joining us 'on the other side' of MHK Designs.

Hazel said...

Thank you so much for joining my Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper January challenge with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon x

Julie Odil said...

This is so pretty, Nana! Love seeing a flower on a cold winter day :) Thanks so much for joining the challenge this month at MHKDesigns. Julie, DT member

Judy V said...

Pretty card NC! So glad you joined us this month at MHKDesigns!

lorby said...

I so enjoyed your beautiful cards and love the idea of the double printing. Yes, I lose things in my craft room all the time. Thanks for sharing from Chalk N Stock.