Monday, January 30, 2017

The Rockies

     It's the start of a new challenge at Ike's World and this time we'd like you to do something which really expresses the "YOU" of you - in other words, "Be You."  Remember, we're always an "Anything Goes" challenge and the theme is jut an option you can follow if you choose .

     Nothing is more 'me' than being in nature.  In my younger days, I was most alive when I was camping or backpacking in the woods so this "Rockies" image from Ike's Canada Bundle in her World Tour series is a perfect reflection of that.  The psalm I used for the sentiment is my favorite Bible verse so it's another thing which is definitely "me."


     I colored the image with ProMarkers and white gel pen, die cut it with a rectangle die from Spellbinders, and mounted that onto the piece with the sentiment.  I added it to a layer of torn and distressed CS, wrapped the ribbon and tied the bow, then put it all onto a white card base, leaving the design rather CAS.  Although this is a card perfectly showing "me being me,"  I think it also makes a great masculine card.

     Challenges:
AAA Cards
Addicted to Stamps
Aud Sentiments
Brown Sugar
Colour Crazy Craft
DL.ART
Fussy and Fancy
I {heart} ProMarkers
Outlawz Twisted Thurs
WordArt Weds.

     I hope you're going to come play in our challenge this fortnight and show us what makes you "you."   That's such a broad theme, you'll be able to do almost anything with it.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

18 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

gorgeosu card . Thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers challenge good luck Ginny DT forI ♥promarkers My Blog As I do Rodos

ike said...

How super that is. I love the use of the white gel pen. I could just walk right into that scene. Thank you for making this for me at IWC.

Hugz

IKE xx

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

Jane said...

Such a beautiful scene, I can see why it appealed so much to you. Love all the blues you used to echo the wintery pic. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous, I love the beautiful topper and wonderful quote.
Hugs
Linda xxx

*Vicki* said...

Wow!! What a breath-taking scene! I love how you've chosen to color and highlight too!! Beautifully done Connie! Sounds like you've had some great experiences! :) HUGS

jimlynn said...

GORGEOUS! That scene is awesome and so is your card Connie. So beautiful.
Lynn

Christi Conley said...

I LOVE blues & whites together! I was just at my mom's today and she lives on the top floor of an apartment building, what a breathtaking view the mountains are from her house! I'm going to take some pictures for you :) Such a beautiful card - it's stunning! xoxoxo Christi

Unknown said...

What fabulous colouring, I love the addition of the white gel pen. I think your card is gorgeous. Thanks for joining our Week 4 Colour Crazy Challenge - Pickled Potpourri, hugs, Carol DT

Teresa Arsenault said...

So serene. Love it!

bolletjelucky.blogspot.com said...

Wow, beautiful scenery card Connie and beautiful coloured. I almost wish I could be there :)
Thank you for joining the challenge at Addicted To Stamps Challengeblog.
Greetings Miranda (dt-ATSC)

Sazzle Dazzle said...

definitely a winter chill scene here and a great idea for our challenge at AAA Cards this week. Thanks so much for playing along with us. Sarah

Furrbster said...

What a gorgeous scene and it is coloured so beautifully too. What a fantastic idea for a masculine card to take your breath away!

Thank you for sharing with us at Aud Sentiments, as well as I Love Promarkers,

Hugz Tinz

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

GORGEOUS card with a lovely verse to suit.
Faith
x

Lori Kobular said...

What a beautiful and peaceful scene on your card and you colored it perfectly! Thanks for playing along with us at DL.ART Challenges!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Oh dear me, you have colored this card to perfection!!! I sure wish I was there..... : )

Glenda Atkins said...

So very beautiful, love your colouring, I thought it was an actual coloured photo. Impressive. Do love my Canadian Rockies!
hugs
Glenda

Alma said...

Wow Nana, your winter landscape is fantastic. Thanks for playing with us at Addicted to stamps challenge, Hugs Alma

Sandy said...

A wonderful scene for your card. Thanks for sharing with us at Aud Sentiment's and hope to see you again soon.
Hugs, Sandy