Monday, January 16, 2017

Spring Planting

     We've had so much rain over the past month that I'm already thinking about spring planting in my garden even though it's much too cold to put in anything in the beds yet.  There's nothing like fresh new plants popping through the garden soil to stimulate creativity.  And those thoughts inspired me to make this card for the latest challenge at Ike's ArtWorld where our theme is "Anything Goes" and there's an optional twist to "Add a Bow."  I used one of Ike's fun images with three flower seed packets.


     I did something a bit different this time; I used watercolors on the image instead of alcohol markers or chalks.  I haven't done any water coloring in several months so it felt good and it was quick.  I distressed the edges of the image after it dried, then added the ribbon and the lace bow.

     A very CAS design this time, and everything is mounted onto a pale green card base.

     Challenges:
A Gem of a Challenge
Crafting from the Heart
Crafty Calendar
Crafty Cardmakers
Creates and Makes
Creative Inspirations
Everybody Art
Inky Chicks
Inspiration Destination
Lemon Shortbread
Outlawz Twisted Thurs.
Power Poppy
Ribbon Girl

     I'll have another post in a few hours so be sure to stop by and see that one.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

13 comments:

suzanne2 said...

Oh yes, roll on spring! I do love to see the new plants coming through.
Your card is lovely. I really must get my watercolours out. Thank you for joining us at creative inspirations.
Suzanne x

ike said...

How pretty - excellent watercolouring. Yes - roll on Spring :-D
Thank you for making this for me at IWC.
Hugz
IKE xxx

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

Glenda Atkins said...

Hi NanaConnie, super love your spring planting card, I too am looking forward to spring and a 'new' garden. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers!
hugs
Glenda

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

LOVE your water colouring, such a pretty Spring card. We have daffodils in bud, so hope they open early this year again.
Faith
x

Judy McKay said...

Spring planting - I like your interpretation of our challenge. Lovely make. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this week. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

Sandy said...

A delightful card, love the watercoloured images and pretty bow.
Thanks for sharing with us at Crafting with the Heart. Hope to see you again soon.
Hugs, Sandy DT

Sue said...

Such a beautiful card thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Calendar challenge hugs Sue J xx

scrappymo! said...

Such a great image and a lovely card.

Deanne Saunders said...

Very pretty card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our LEMON SHORTBREAD challenge. Hope you participate in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Stacy Morgan said...

This is charming! Oh what a spring beauty with the different flowers. I like the hint of distressing you added too. Thanks for playing in our Winter Blooms challenge this month.

Josephine said...

What a lovely idea!

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers!

CraftyNatalie said...

Great design. Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations this fortnight. Good luck, CraftyNatalie. -DT

Victoria Rowson said...

A lovely CAS card. The watercoloured images looks fabulous. Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us at Lemon Shortbread Challenge Blog! Hugs Victoria (DT)