Friday, January 27, 2017

Spa Day

     Ever have one of those days?  I've had three in a row that just seem to have stacked up on me and I really need a spa day!  So, here's my card, begging for one.  :-D  Our latest challenge at QKR Stampede starts today and don't forget that we are now an "Anything Goes" all the time challenge with an optional new twist each week.  We don't have a twist this week so it's just anything you want to submit.     :-D

     You aren't required to use a QKR image but if you do, your entry will go into a separate draw just for QKR users, increasing your chances of winning by a huge amount!

     I used the image Digi 11508 "Up in Curlers."


I pulled my colors from House of Cards
but my deep burgundy turned more brown in the photo.


     I used my ProMarkers to color the image, trying to match the background gray CS as closely as possible.  I used dies from QuicKuts to cut both the image (scalloped oval) and the pale gray CS (scalloped rectangle), then wove ribbon through each one.  I layered them together with burgundy CS in between and put them on a burgundy card base.  I added the pink bow for a bit of feminine touch and called it finished.

     Challenges:
Cards in Envy
Colour Crazy Craft
Come and Get It
Crafty Sentiments
Creative Corner
Digi Choosday
Ribbon Girl
Through the Craft Room Door
Tuesday Throwdown

     I hope you're going to play along  in our challenge this week.  Remember, it's Anything Goes without any twist at all this time.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

13 comments:

Jane Willis said...

What a fun card, and a super image, I think I need that, it would be perfect for a card for one of my friends.
Jane

wannabcre8tive said...

Connie, this is so cute. I love the snake with the rollers and the great layout.

Linda Simpson said...

I too need a spa day too, it has been hectic here. A fabulous card and love the image. Enjoy your weekend.
Hugs
Linda xxx

*Vicki* said...

LOL!! This is just too funny Connie!! I love your image and yes...there are days like these for sure! :) Happy weekend! HUGS

jimlynn said...

This is how I've felt for the last couple of years! LOL! CUTE, CUTE, CUTE card and I love that image. Great ribbon weaving too. So pretty and fun.
Lynn

Jane Savage said...

Ha!!! Looks like how I feel today! This is wonderful, absolutely love it!
Thank you for joining us at both Crafty Sentiments and Digi Choosday! Jane S (DT) xxx

Eve's Been Reading said...

Love this! Thanks so much for joining in the fun with us at Colouring Crazy Challenge Blog Good Luck! Yvonne (DT)

Rae Ann said...

Love your interpretation of the inspiration colors. The lacing through the dies is such a creative touch.

Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments for our Use Dies challenge.

cohenna said...

Beautiful! Thank you for joining us at House Of Cards Challenge this time and good luck :)

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

LOVE the colour combination, I just tried doing something with exactly the same colours. Your card is lovely, another chuckle from me, LOVE it.
Faith
x

Unknown said...

Soo fun card! Thanks for sharing with us in HOC! Enjoy... Paula.

Glenda Atkins said...

Oh rats, now I have to get this image, just too funny.I even know people I can give this as a card to. Wonderfully done Connie!
hugs
Glenda

Farida Rone said...

Wonderful creation!
Thanks for playing with us at TTCRD.
Hugs,
Farida