Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Song in Your Heart

     The image on this card is from A Day for Daisies and I found it in my folder of images I had colored up but never actually made into a card or other project.  It just touched me and I decided that a nice monochromatic blue card would be perfect on this cold and rainy day.  It's obviously winter in the image because there are no leaves on the tree.  :-D


     I had already colored the image with my ProMarkers so I used a Bo Bunny die to cut it and the frame, then I mounted both of those on a lighter blue rectangle.  The background is cut from paper by DCWV using a Memory Box die.  I layered that onto a piece of navy blue CS and put that onto a card base.

     I decided that there was enough texture and visual detail with the die cuts, so all I added for embellishment were the feather and the flower.  The sentiment is my statement about being positive in all circumstances; despite rain and floods and dark skies, I find something positive in the fact that we've had rain in the midst of this horrible, five-year drought.  :-D

     Challenges:
613 Avenue Create
A Day for Daisies
Catch the Bug
Crafting from the Heart
Get Creative
Hiding in My Craft Room
Lemon Shortbread
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends
Unicorn

     Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie     

11 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

This is fabulous, I love the frame and dies you have used. Gorgeous sweet image too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Aurelia Aurora said...

Beautiful.. Thank you for sharing it with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends challenge #49.. Hope to see you again in our next challenge and Good Luck at the draw.. xx ~RoRa

*Vicki* said...

Such a gorgeous image Connie! Really love the blue monochromatic colors and what a wonderful background die too! HUGS :)

Jackie T said...

Hi Connie this is a gorgeous card. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Jackie T said...

Hi Connie I am back again this time to thank you for joining us at the Unicorn Challenge Blog for Challenge 17 “January Blues.” Hugs Jackie (DT)

Teresa Arsenault said...

Aww, this is so pretty and I love the feather addition. hugs, Teresa

Cynthia said...

Such a sweet and delicate image, Connie. Thanks for joining the January Anything Goes Challenge at Catch the Bug!

Chana Malkah said...

Don't ou just love it when you find these jewels in your stash? I think you did a wonderful job of using the image! Nice work! Thanks for sharing with us here at 613 Avenue Create!
Hugz,
Chana, Owner

Anonymous said...

Stunning make thanks for playing at Unicorn Challenge Blog lisa DT https://handmadewithlovebylisa.blogspot.co.uk/

Cathy P said...

Love the soft colors you used . Thanks for playing with our Two or More Layers Challenge this month on the ADFD Blog! Hugs, Cathy

Snowflakes and Lilies said...

Lovely card. Thanks for sharing at Get Creative and hope to see you again. Good luck.
- Khushboo Gandhi, DT
http://snowflakesandlilies.blogspot.in