Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Pet Themed Thank You Card

     I'm trying something new for me today.  There's a new challenge group called "Sending Paw Prints" and they are collecting pet themed Thank You cards for animal shelters to use.  The shelters want them blank inside so that they can use them to thank pet adopters, volunteers, or donors.  This is the first card I've done for them but definitely not the last.


     I used an image from Bugaboo Stamps. colored with ProMarkers, hand cut into a rectangle and then framed with a die cut from Bo Bunny.  Because the frame was smaller than my image, I cut it and expanded it both tall and wide.  I used the little negative strips from the die cut to make it seem tied together.  That entire frame was cut from a scrap snippet of blue CS that had been lying on my desk.

     I added two ribbons from my stash and a satin bow, dyed with ProMarker ink.   The sentiment is printed with a computer font.  I kept this very CAS because I really wanted the framed image to be the focus of the card.

     Challenges:
A Gem of a Challenge
Catch the Bug (Bingo diagonal left bottom to right top)
Come and Get It
Glitter n Sparkle
Hiding in My Craft Room
Jo's Scrap Shack
Outlawz CAS
Pixie's Snippets Playground
Sweet Stampin'

     I probably won't have a post for tomorrow but I'll be back on Friday with my regular QKR Stampede post.  If you haven't played along yet this week, be sure to get something done right away.  Remember, QKR is now Anything Goes all the time with an optional twist if you want to use it.  See you there.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

18 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

This is adorable, I love the cute image with the little pussy cat. What a fabulous idea too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Jackie T said...

Hi Connie this is a gorgeous card. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Jean said...

Oh what a cute little card. Loving the image so sute, love how you have framed it.
Thanks for joining us over at Glitter 'N' Sparkle.
Jean Dt xx

jimlynn said...

I hadn't even heard of this challenge blog and was so excited to find it. Also became a follower and can't wait to make cards for it too. It's a wonderful idea! Thanks for that link to the challenge!
Now, on to your card.......I love it! Of course it's blue and you know how I love that. The image is adorable and framed out perfect - and the ribbon and bow tie it all in together! Great card!
Lynn

Karen Howard said...

LOVE this card! The little girl and kitten on the swing are adorable! Thank you so much for entering the challenge at Sending Paw Prints! You're the best!!! Hugs, Karen

Bernardine Cuttino said...

Awe so cute, what a sweet image and that feline as her companion is precious. Awesome cause. Fabulous my friend.
Hugs
Stay warm another cold evening

Di said...

Totally adorable card Connie! Such a sweet mage and a great design and use of snippets too!

Hugs

Di xx

N-Eva said...

Beautiful and pretty card. Thanks for joining us at Come And Get It challenge.Neva

*Vicki* said...

AWE! What a very sweet image this is Connie!! I love your coloring and your card design is just perfect!! I haven't yet played along, but I certainly hope to add some cards to it! :) HUGS

Aunty Sue said...

Such a lovely card thanks for sharing at Catch the Bug this week and good luck.
Aunty Sue gdt

Dana Johnson said...

This is a darling card and they will love it! Thanks for joining us at the Come and Get it challenge. ~DT Dana

Teresa Arsenault said...

What a lovely cause. You designed and coloured this darling card beautifully. hugs, Teresa

Preeti D. (aka Dutt Preety) said...

super cute card!! that image is darling :)
cheers
preety

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A beautiful cute card.

Sue xx

Oh You Made Me Ink said...

Adorable! Your card is just adorable! And what a great cause too! Thanks for joining us at Jo's Scrap Shack! Cyndi, DT

Sarah Bell said...

A really sweet card! 🙂 – thanks for joining in the Glitter ‘N’ Sparkle Challenge Four Legged Friends – Sarah DT – http://magentasnowflake.blogspot.co.uk

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

A very cute card Connie.

Love and hugs
Maarit

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

AW! what a cute image, beautifully shown off with the beautiful die frame.
Faith
x