Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Life's Surprises

     I love the idea of looking out for Life's Surprises, like seeing butterflies in the middle of winter!  This image from "All Dressed Up" is the freebie for the Progressive Challenge at The Outlawz, and it's a perfect example of what I mean.


     I started by coloring with my ProMarkers, then used Pinpoint Rectangle dies (Memory Box) to cut both the image and the dp mat behind it.  I bought that set over a year ago, used it a couple of times and then bought two or three sets of stitched dies and this one got relegated to the bottom of the pile.  I dug it out to use it on this card and can't imagine why I haven't used it more!

     I chose two different ribbons from my stash, one a patterned satin and the other a sparkly sheer, layered them together and wrapped them around glittered CS from a new-to-me paper stack by DCWV.  I tied the bow using more of the sheer ribbon.

     Challenges:
Angie's Digital Stamps
Brown Sugar
Colour Crazy Craft
Craft-Dee BowZ
Crafting with an Attitude
Crafty Catz
Crafty Creations
Creative Corner
Creative Fingers
Cut It Up
Glitter n Sparkle
In the Pink
Scrapy Land
Take It, Make It
Word Art Weds.

     I hope you've managed to dig out from under the snow or rain or whatever the weatherman brought to your part of the country the last few days.  Out here on the West Coast, we've had a day of rain, then a day of light clouds or even sunshine, then another day of rain.  There may be two more storms coming in over the rest of this week.  If so, I'll use the rainy days as excuses to stay in and craft.  :-D  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

14 comments:

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,love the design and fab image.xxx

Linda Simpson said...

Hello Connie, here in the UK we have got very strong wind mingled in with rain and sunshine. Stay safe and warm my friend. Another fabulous card and such a beautiful image.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

Fantastic bow! It really adds to the feminine feel of this beautiful card.

Thanks for joining us for our Out With the Old, In With the New challenge at Cut it Up, and Happy New Year! Enjoy using your new (to you!) supplies.

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

Barbara Bruder said...

This card is so pretty. Your coloring - great. Thanks for joining us at the Crafty Creations Challenges for our latest challenge. Good luck and join us again soon. Hugs, Barbara {Crafty Creations Challenges}

Jean said...

Such a pretty card loving your colour scheme. Was drawn to her hat as I love the detail of the knitting.
Thanks for joining us over at Glitter 'N' Sparkle.
Jean xx

PaperPlotterLottas-CraftChaos said...

I like your Card so much.
Thank you for joining us at Colour Crazy Challenge. Tina - DT
https://colourcrazychallenge.blogspot.de/2017/01/wk-1-anything-goes-colour-crazy.html

Donna Ellis said...

Oh! I thought I had commented on this sweet card, but I guess it had escaped me, Connie! Beautiful image, and such a pretty knit cap over her flowing hair! It's a delightful pink creation! Hoping you have a great week-end! hugs, de

Lisa said...

What a beautiful card!! The image is gorgeous!! I love the colors and pretty bow!! Thank you so much for playing along at Scrapy Land!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

GalFridayStamping said...

Such a pretty card! Love that glittery background. Thank you for joining us at Colour Crazy Challenge. Jane DT. xx

Unknown said...

This is so pretty! I love the gorgeous ribbon!
Thanks so much for sharing at In The Pink!
Lucy x

Theng Creation said...

What a lovely card <3
Thanks for joining us at Creative Corner Challenges!

Therese - DT
www.tesansinspiration.blogspot.se

Donna Maligno said...

This is such an adorable image Connie - so sweet! Thanks for joining the Craft-Dee BowZ challenge this month.

Snowflakes and Lilies said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for sharing at Angie’s Digital Stamps and hope to see you again. Good luck.
- Khushboo Gandhi, DT
http://snowflakesandlilies.blogspot.in

Snowflakes and Lilies said...

Hey, again! Thanks for sharing at Crafting With An Attitude and hope to see you again. Good luck.
- Khushboo Gandhi, DT
http://snowflakesandlilies.blogspot.in