Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Life as a Grown Up

     My eldest granddaughter (the one I hoped and prayed would be a girl after having only grandsons prior to her birth) turns 18 next month!  How is that even possible?  I'm not that far from 18 myself, am I?  :-D  Well, whatever, she's also the one who adores dragons and even though 18 means being an adult, it doesn't mean we have to leave childhood entirely behind so this dragon (from A Day for Daisies) seemed perfect for a birthday card.


     I colored the dragon with my ProMarkers, die cut him with a die from Spellbinders, and matted it with dark blue CS, trimmed to fit.  The diagonal orange strip is actually patterned paper and both it and the argyle diamond paper came from a pad by Paper Studio.  The roses were in my stash and I simply twisted them together and curled their stems.  The bow is one I made weeks ago and tossed in my stash for future use.  This time, I left it white.

     Challenges:
Glitter n Sparkle
Inky Chicks
Inspiration Destination
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends
Outlawz Twisted Thurs.
Paper Girls
Path of Positivity
Ribbon Girl
Unicorn
WordArt Weds.

     Someone peeking over my shoulder just asked, "Is that about 'How to Train Your Dragon'?"  Having raised my share of kids and grandkids, I know it's all about the training - - dragons or otherwise.  :-D  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

12 comments:

Doreen said...

Love the fab image and great design,just gorgeous.xxx

Donna Ellis said...

Aw, what a cute little flying dragon, Connie! So sweet and colorful! Hard to believe you have grandchildren who are adults now! Best wishes for the birthday girl, and "here! here! to always being young!" hugs, de

Sandy Palmer said...

What a darling dragon. I am sure your granddaughter will love her card. Great design. Thanks for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends! :)

Linda Simpson said...

Stunning card Connie, love this cute little dragon and wonderful die too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Debi said...

How are you doing, Connie? Your cards are as wonderful as ever. The dragon is sweet. My niece is 43 and still collects them. They are timeless.

Jackie T said...

Hi Connie this is a gorgeous card that dragon is so cute. Your granddaughter will love it. Thank you for joining us at the Unicorn Challenge Blog for Challenge 17 “January Blues.” Hugs Jackie (DT)

*Vicki* said...

AWE! Now that is one adorable image so beautifully colored too Connie!! I love it! :) HUGS

Teresa Arsenault said...

Aww. That is the cutest little dragon ever and your design is fabulous. hugs, Teresa

Jean said...

Great card, loving the dragon he is super cute.

Thanks for joining us over at GLITTER 'N' SPARKLE.
Jean DT x

Wendy Ann Batchen said...

Lovely project, thanks for sharing with Inspiration Destination. Wendy DT xx

Cathy P said...

Love your coloring of that dragon, Nan Connie! What a sweet card. Thanks for playing with our Two or More Layers Challenge this month on the ADFD Blog! Hugs, Cathy

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I'm sure your Granddaughter loved this wonderful and pretty Dragon. Beautiful colouring.
Faith
x