Friday, January 13, 2017

Ice Skating Mice

     Well, you get to see a second post today and it's all because the weatherman was incorrect about sunshine.  :-D  It's cold, it's wet, the sky is completely gray and my heater stopped working!  I have a call in to the repairman but the estimate for their arrival is another 3 hours yet.  I'm bundled up in sweaters and heavy socks, and I'm in my craft room where I have a small, electric space heater under the desk.  There are also two furry felines under the desk, but since they are lying more or less on top of my feet, that's OK with me.  lol

     Here's what I created and it more or less reflects the ambient room temperature here.


I started by using the sketch at The Outlawz,
turned 1/4 turn..


     The image is by Rick St. Dennis and I colored it with my ProMarkers.   I used dies from Cheery Lynn (blue circle), Spellbinders (snowflake), and Fiskars (Image.)  I added sparkle to the snowflake with loose glitter and the bow is from my stash of hand sewn bows.  The pink background is made with glitter paper.

     Challenges:

     I'm still watching for that sunshine promised by the weather-geeks (and for the heater repairman) but right now, I'm going to go find a warm blanket and curl up with the TV or maybe a book.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

15 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

Oh my this is gorgeous and loving the cute mice. Beautiful sparkle too. Enjoy your weekend.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Jackie T said...

Hi Connie this is a stunning card I love those mice. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Pam Tiedtke, or Pammie Lou said...

What a fun card! Those happy little mice just make me smile! So glad you joining in with us at PIP Challenges!!
Hugs

Vickie Y said...

Acorable images and card! Thank you for sharing with us at the PIP Challenge.

kReN said...

Those skating mice are really cute, NC. So glad you played along with us at Pammie's Inky Pinkie Challenge. Hope to see your wonderful artworks again soon, my friend! kReN
afourthlife.blogspot.com

*Vicki* said...

Such a beautiful card Connie!! Love your sparkly background and fun image! :) HUGS

Macarena said...

Cute glitter background and sweet image! Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

Teresa Arsenault said...

So cute! hugs, Teresa

Birdie said...

Great coloring and love your take on the sketch. I am also in awe that you made that bow; maybe I could get lessons because ribbon and I don't get along to well. So happy you took the time to share with us for the PIP challelnge.

Julie said...

Oooh, these are so cute! Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining in our challenge at PFP this week, good luck, Juliexx

Cards by Beckie said...

A lovely card with a great image. Thank you for sharing with us at Digi Choosday. Rebecca x

Rachelle Olaridge said...

Fantastic and cute Card. Thanks for your entry in the The Tueday Throwdown challenge.

Cards By MI said...

Such sweet image. Very cute. Lovely looking card. Thanks for joining my bling challenge over at PFP last week.
Love n hugs
Marie

Sarah said...

Such a cute "Winter warmer". Perfect for the Cutie Pies !! Sarah DT :0)

Titbelsoeur, mixed-media addict said...

a cute card ! thank you so much for sharing it with us at Creates and Makes monthly challenge,
WIshing you good luck to win beautiful digistamps !