Thursday, January 19, 2017

Birthday Bug

     This is such a silly image but since this seems to be the month to get my stash of birthday cards built up again, I had to use it right away.  Every January, I update my calendar with all the family and friend's birthday and anniversary dates and that makes me realize that my stock of cards is practically depleted so I start making them again.   This image came from Sasayaki Glitter and is part of their Progressive Challenge series.


I started with the sketch from Outlawz.


     I used my ProMarkers to color the image and cut it with a die from Spellbinders.  I cut a mat for it from purple CS with another die from that same set.  The sentiment is framed with a die cut (also Spellbinders) and I used purple (my favorite color, of course!) satin ribbon from my stash.  I found a scrap bit of sheer purple ribbon for the bow.  The purple and blue background paper is embossed and sparkly but that isn't really visible in the photo.

     Challenges:
Crafty Creations
Fab n Funky
Inspiration Destination
Kraftin' Kimmie
Paper Shelter
Penny's Paper-Crafty
Scrapy Land
Sugar Pea Designs

     Tomorrow I'll have another DT card for QKR Stampede and you won't want to miss that one.  You know how QKR images bring out the 'weird' in my sense of humor.  :-D  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

15 comments:

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,a fab image and details.xxx

Linda Simpson said...

This is fabulous Connie, love the image, he looks like he has had a bit too much sugar. Loving the background too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

*Vicki* said...

TEE HEE!! I think this guy has had alot of sugar by the looks of his eyeballs! :) Adorable card and I know what you mean about building up a stash of cards to have on hand! HUGS :)

Teresa Arsenault said...

Haha! What a smile maker. Love those eyes. hugs, Teresa

Judith said...

This is such a happy card, just made me smile wheni saw that little bug! - fab image and lovelycolours and embellies thank you for playing along at Fab'n'Funky this week hugs Judith x

Wendy Ann Batchen said...

Lovely card, thanks for sharing with Inspiration Destination and good luck. Wendy DT xx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Aww, cute! I love the way you've used the ribbon. Such a fun creation. Thanks so much for sharing your lovely card with us at Fab 'n' Funky this week for our 'Use A Ribbon' Challenge. Hugs, Wends xoxo Fab 'n' Funky DT

Maria Valente said...

So cute! Thank you for joining us at Penny's Challenges! Hope to see you again!
Hugs, Mary (DT member)

Patty Sue 2 said...

This fun little guy just makes me smile. Love your fun card! Thank you for joining the fun at THE PAPER SHELTER! Good luck and please play with us again!

Vannessa said...

Such a fun image! Thanks for joining in the The Paper Shelter Challenge this month. Hope to see you again.

Vannessa
The Paper Shelter DT

Michelle said...

This is too cute !!! Love the colors you used too.

Thanks for joining us @ Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge!! Hope to see you back again soon :)

Lilibet said...

Such a quirky image and great colours! Thanks for playing at The Paper Shelter - good luck, Liz (:(|)x

Elizabeth Hart said...

Oh So Fun! Love this adorable image. Thanks so much for sharing your card with us this time at the Crafty Creations challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

Cara said...


This is just too darn cute! Sorry, I'm late visiting, I've had the lurgy! Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge. Cara DT x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I haven't time to comment on other cards I missed, but I have read and seen each of the most beautiful, and fun too cards. Sorry to have been awol for so long.
Faith
x