Saturday, January 21, 2017

Birthday Bird

     This gorgeous 'Bird on a Wire' is from Beccy's Place and I thought it would be great on a sophisticated birthday card.  


I first pulled my colors from the photo inspiration


     I colored with my ProMarkers (again, my favorite coloring medium) and highlighted the feathers with a white gel pen.  The image is cut with a deckled rectangle die from Spellbinders, as is the pale blue mat behind it.  I matted those pieces with another die cut (Sue Wilson).

     The ribbon is fabric ribbon and the bow is made with satin ribbon.  The sentiment is printed with a simple, computer-font, then adhered at the bottom of the image.

     Challenges:
Angie's Digital Stamps
Beccy's Place
Crafting from the Heart
Creative Fingers
Pammie's Inky Pinkies
Polkadoodles
Tuesday Throwdown

     That's it for me today but since I did two posts yesterday, I guess that's enough.  :-D  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

13 comments:

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,love the fab image and details.xxx

Jackie T said...

Hi Connie this is a gorgeous card that bird is beautiful and I love the colours you have used. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Birdie said...

Great take on the color challenge. Love how all the blues in the background highlight your main image/ Wonderful card and so happy you entered it in the PIP challenge this week.

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous card Connie, I love the beautiful bird and the wonderful colours.
Hugs
Linda xxx

jimlynn said...

Oh Connie, this is so pretty! Love that image and the tiny bow is a crowning touch. Fantastic.
Lynn

Andrea W said...

Such a serene and beautiful card! I love how you used the colors and the white highlights on the bird really bring it to life. So glad you continue to share your creations at Tuesday Throwdown.

Beccy said...

The colour scheme is fabulous NC, I really like the contrast. You did an awesome job colouring the image too, the addition of the white highlights at the end of the feathers really brings it forward. Great job!
Cheers,
Beccy

Pam Tiedtke, or Pammie Lou said...

Very pretty, NC!!The highlighting with white was perfect! Glad you joined us at PIP Challenges!!
Hugs

Vickie Y said...

Beautiful image and card; love the colors you used. Thank you for sharing with us at the PIP Challenges.

PaperPlotterLottas-CraftChaos said...

I like your natural card with the cute bird. Thank you so much for joining us at Polkadoodles Craft Challenge #52 Anything Goes.
Hugs, Tina - DT
Polkadoodles Challenge

cotnob said...

A fabulous card, such a lovely image.
Thank you for joining us for our Anything Goes challenge at Polkadoodles
Pauline
x

ELE said...

Nana it's a beautiful card.
Thanks for joining us for our Anything Goes Polkadoodles Challenge
We look forward to seeing you again next time.
Hugs,
creativEle

Janelle said...

Gorgeous card! You certainly used those colours to the MAX! Best wishes from Angie's Digital Stamps. Janelle (DT)