Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Christmas Snowflake

     I was visiting the Lacy Sunshine store the other day and saw this darling Christmas cat totally enthralled by a snowflake so you know I had to get it and make something right away.  In fairness to my impulse, I haven't been over there in a long time and besides, I've been so focused on Autumn, Halloween and Thanksgiving these past couple of weeks that I completely forgot I have to make at least two cards per week between now and December if I'm going to get enough made for all my holiday needs.  :-D


     I colored the image with my ProMarkers, then die cut and matted it using two dies from Spellbinders.  I added some textured, red ribbon, lacing it through and behind the die cut.  I also used a leftover snippit of it behind the sentiment.  I added one of my hand-sewn white satin bows and a silvery snowflake as embellishments.  The final touch was a drop of Glossy Accents on the snowflake in the image.  The design is still pretty CAS despite the fancy die cuts.

     Challenges:
A Snowflakes Promise
Cards in Envy
Colour Your World
Crafting from the Heart
Craft Your Passion
Crafty Ribbons
Crafty Sentiments
Crimbo Crackers
Cuttlebug Mania
If You Give a Crafter a Cookie...
Sasayaki Glitter
Through the Craft Room Door
Winter Wonderland
Word Art Weds.

     OK, today you've gotten two for the price of one - two posts in one day.  It's been a couple of weeks since I did that and I hope you enjoyed both posts.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

Please continue to leave comments.  The "Word Verification" really isn't on.  BLOGGER INSISTS ON SHOWING THE "CAPTCHA" ICON BUT IF YOU IGNORE IT AND JUST PUBLISH YOUR COMMENT, IT WILL POST JUST FINE.  I WISH I COULD GET RID OF IT BUT THERE'S NO OPTION FOR THAT WHEN THE COMMENTS ARE WRITTEN IN A SEPARATE BOX. SORRY.

19 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi this is a gorgeous Christmas card I love the cat he is beautiful. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Glenda Atkins said...

Adorable image, I can understand the temptation to buy it (you are a cat person and so is my sister), so I can relate :O)! Great die cut too!
hugs
Glenda

Anet's Crafting said...

Beautiful Christmas card NanaConnie. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Winter Wonderland. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

Donna Ellis said...

So so soooo cute! I want the image, too! Wonderfully festive and sweet! Hugs, de

Bernardine Cuttino said...

Oh NC, this is so cute. My first glance was to place on the tree, Loving the die and the coloring is fab
Hugs

Sandy said...

So sweet. Thanks so much for joining in If You Give a Crafter A Cookie. (Love your kitty photos, too.). Sandy/Cookie DT

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

I was captured by the beauty of your card and that sweet cat. Can't put my finger on it. Maybe it reminds me of the grinch that stole Christmas ...hummm...

Marilyn's Cricut Crafts said...

Your card is purr-fect! Love the kitty and snowflake. And way cool that you made your own satin bow - love it! Thank you for joining us at Cards in Envy! ~ Marilyn

Linda Simpson said...

Oh my what a fabulous image and loving how you have showcased the image with the gorgeous dies.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Sandy Trefger said...

Adorable Christmas card and love the kitty! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy for out "For the Kids" card challenge.

Pat K said...

Adorable card. Such a sweet face on that kitty and love your red & white. Thanks for playing along with us at Winter Wonderland. Pat K x

Di said...

Wonderful Christmas card Connie - and that cat is just so, so cute!

Thank you for playing along at Cuttlebug Mania.

Hugs

Di xx (DT)

Carla's Cards said...

Sweet holiday card, thanks for sharing with A Snowflakes Promise!

Lisa Lynn said...

Love that image!!!! It looks perfect in that die cut. I have extra fur from my three Siamese cats that you could use as an embellishment, hehe.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This makes a great impact card, love the red and white and your image and die.
Faith
x

Céline said...

tooooo cute
thanks for playing with us at crafty sentiments
hugs
céline

CraftYourPassion said...

Such a sweet image and great layout on this super card.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week.
Lisa x

Sandra said...

Sucha adorable card and image!! Love thedie too!
Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.

Hugs,
Sandra
TTCRD DT
Cards and Creativity {My Blog}

Deanne Saunders said...

Beautiful!!! Thanks so much for participating in our IF YOU GIVE A CRAFTER A COOKIE...challenge. Hope you participate in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!! *Sorry this comment is so late! I am struggling to keep up with commenting and have trouble with the "proving I'm not a robot" stuff :O(
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper