Friday, September 9, 2016

Arachnophobia

     I can't believe I made this card for the new challenge at QKR Stampede.  You have to understand that I hate spiders, I REALLY hate spiders!   But these two seemed so cute and friendly somehow (Digi 12301 "Spider" and Digi 12302 "Spider") that I decided to use them to fight my arachnophobia.  :-D  Besides, they were perfect for our theme of "Fall Colors."


     I colored the spiders with my new polychromos pencils but I did the shadows around them with my ProMarkers.  I used a Spellbinders' die to cut out the image, then trimmed one side of it.  I decided to add the gate and fence which gave it a Halloween feel.  One of my grandsons will love this one, I'm sure.

     Challenges:
Aud Sentiments
Colour Crazy Craft
Crafting with an Attitude
Creative Fingers
Cute Card Thurs.
Fab'n Funky
Kraftin' Kimmie
Mod Squad
Penny's Paper-Crafty
Scrapper's Delights
Send a Smile 4 Kids
Take It, Make It

     Come play with us this week, won't you?   Just use any of the fall colors on your card.  You don't have to use QKR Stampede images but if you do, your card will be entered into a separate drawing and that really increases your chance of winning more QKR images.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

Please continue to leave comments.  The "Word Verification" really isn't on.  BLOGGER INSISTS ON SHOWING THE "CAPTCHA" ICON BUT IF YOU IGNORE IT AND JUST PUBLISH YOUR COMMENT, IT WILL POST JUST FINE.  I WISH I COULD GET RID OF IT BUT THERE'S NO OPTION FOR THAT WHEN THE COMMENTS ARE WRITTEN IN A SEPARATE BOX. SORRY.

11 comments:

*Vicki* said...

LOL! This is absolutely adorable NC!! Love the cute spiders and that fun sentiment you've put with them!! The border and gate dies are very cool looking with this!! Have a great weekend! HUGS

Mari said...

What a fun card! Thanks for playing with us at Crafting with an Attitude :) xx Mari

Furrbster said...

I have to agree those arachnids are definitely uber cute!! This is a great, fun card,


Thank you for sharing this fun creation with us for our Aud Sentiments Anything Goes challenge,

Hugz Tinz

Donna Ellis said...

Sometimes I have nightmares about spiders - and they never really did anything to me, but they hurt when they bite! LOL My nightmares are the "stuff" that horror movies are made from. LOL Your little spider is not so bad, and I love his shoes! Maybe booted spiders who smile wouldn't scare me as much - still - a smiling spider would still bite if it was hungry enough, right?

Cute card, Connie!
hugs,
de

jimlynn said...

I really hate spiders too (and snakes) - but these cuties, you just gotta love! They're precious. Love the gate on here Connie and the entire card is so fun.
Lynn

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

LOL, great sentiment with the "cute" if they can be? spiders. Love your card.
Faith
x

Pat K said...

What a great card for the season...love the image and cute sentiment. Thanks for playing along with us at Fab'n'Funky. hugs, Pat K x

Alison said...

I'm not keen on spiders either - but these ones are adorable...!!! I love the way you've used them on your card. Thank you for joining us at Fab'n Funky.
Alison x

Hazel said...

Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for Penny’s challenge 294 – hope to see you again soon – Hazel DT x

Sandy said...

Me too, lol, but I could cope with these two with their silly grins. Thanks for sharing with us at Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog and hope to see you again soon.
Hugs, Sandy DT

Mari said...

Can't like the spiders, but otherwise really nice card ;) Thanks for playing with us at Crafting with an Attitude! xx Mari