Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Pretty in Purple

     I'm back and my normal routine should be back in place in another day or two.  I did stay up late last night and made this card using a Ching Chou-Kuik image which has been in my collection for a while.  It just begged to be colored.  :-D


     I used my ProMarkers to color the image in my favorite color - purple - and then die cut a lacy frame with my newest die from Cheery Lynn, which is mounted on dimensional dots.  Oh, let me assure you this die set will get a lot of use!

     I continue to try new forms of coloring (watercolor, pencils, pastels, chalks) and enjoy most of them but I truly love my alcohol markers the best for blending and saturation of color.  I really missed them while I was gone because I only took chalks and pencils with me, space being a consideration.

     I added just the rose and the leaf stem (also Cheery Lynn) for a wonderful 3-D effect so I think this might still be considered a CAS design even though it has a more complex look with the lace frame.  But how can you go wrong with just one image, one frame, and one embellie?

     Challenges:
As You Like It
Cheery Lynn Designs
Ching Chou-Kuik
Coffee, Chocolate, & Cards
Crafty Awesomeness
Creative Fingers
Cut It Up
Fussy and Fancy

     It's good to be home, sleeping in my own bed and able to sit down to the computer whenever I choose.  :-D   I'll have a few vacation photos for you over the next couple of weeks but I need to download all of them from the camera and do a bit of cropping and editing.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

Please continue to leave comments.  The "Word Verification" really isn't on.  BLOGGER INSISTS ON SHOWING THE "CAPTCHA" ICON BUT IF YOU IGNORE IT AND JUST PUBLISH YOUR COMMENT, IT WILL POST JUST FINE.  I WISH I COULD GET RID OF IT BUT THERE'S NO OPTION FOR THAT WHEN THE COMMENTS ARE WRITTEN IN A SEPARATE BOX.  SORRY.

14 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This is GORGEOUS, LURVE the die and your colouring of the fabby image.
Isn't it nice to return home, although great to be away too.
Faith
x

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

Love the purple hair! That looks like a great die - well worth the investment - and the flower is just gorgeous.

Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up for our 3D challenge!

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

Linda Simpson said...

You know I love this especially her purple hair! Gorgeous card my friend.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Dawn said...

Welcome back! Just on my round up of the blogs!
I totally adore this one! The image is beautiful, the colours are perfect & that frame is a stunner!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Connie fantastic card love the image and colour combo. I am having a crafty giveaway on my blog if you are interested why not pop along and join in. Love Alison xx

Donna Hanley said...

Very well colored, Connie. I just saw a girl with that same exact color hair the other day in the market. Your's looks better though. I adore that rose and the die really frames the image so nice. Glad you are home safe and sound. Looking forward to some pictures. Have a restful week.

Teresa Arsenault said...

Gorgeous!

Lisa said...

Beautiful! Thx for joining us with cheery Lynn designs.

Kat W said...

Ooooh, gorgeous shades of purple and the lacy die cut frame is really pretty :-)
Thanks for playing along with us at As You Like It!
Kat x

Virginia said...

This is a beautiful card and great addition to our challenge. Thanks for playing along with us at Cheery Lynn Designs. Huggs from Ginny at Polly's Paper Studio.

Gloria Shirr (purpleglo) said...

Gorgeous creation Connie! I didn't realize your favorite color was purple too. LOL! It is stunning!

Thank you so much for taking the time to create your gorgeous entry for our Ching-Chou Kuik monthly challenge. I hope you will enter again and also check out our Ching-Chou Kuik Facebook challenges as well. Have a fabulous day! Hugs, Gloria DT


http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com
http://purpleglocreations.ctmh.com

Sheryl said...

Hi Connie! What a lovely purple card! I love the purple hair and your coloring is beautiful! Thank you for sharing your talent with us at Fussy and Fancy!
Hugs and smiles, Sheryl

Unknown said...

Wow! This is gorgeous! Stunning lace border! I love your design and the image you used is so beautiful! Your coloring is fabulous too!
Thank you so much for sharing this beauty with us at Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge.
Good luck and hope to see you next time too!
Sasha

Unknown said...

Beautiful card :) thank you for joining us at Crafting Circle's Crafty Awesomeness Challenge