Monday, June 20, 2016

Happy Little Cat

     I discovered a new artist (new to me, that is) the other day and fell in love with some of her felines (of course!)   She publishes her images under the name "Drawn by Krista."  This is just the happiest cat I've seen in ages.  :-D


Before I even colored the fur baby,
I decided on the sketch from The Outlawz.


Can you believe how faithful I was to the design?
I usually go off on a tangent.  :-D

     I grabbed my ProMarkers, colored the image, and cut it with a circle die from QuickKutz.  I dug into my storage of alcohol inks, chose three and brayered them across a stamped background scrap, then die cut a hexagon shape and used it for the frame around the image circle.

     I cut strips of CS and Paper Studio dp, layered them onto a card front and added the borders of flowers above and below the strips.  For embellishment, I added sequins (my one diversion from the sketch which had buttons) and a burlap ribbon bow.  No sentiment on this one yet because I haven't decided how I'm going to use it.

     Challenges:
Catch the Bug (center row)
Crafting with an Attitude
Crafty Addicts
Crafty Ribbons
Create and Inspire
Creative Fingers
Penny's Paper Crafty
Simon Says Stamp
SUYP Cats Only
Take It Make It

     I'm here for a short while and then will be leaving the end of the week for more travels until after 4th of July.  I have a few posts scheduled during my absence but I may be out of touch for commenting.  Whether or not I can access the internet whenever I want is always a question.  :-D  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

Please continue to leave comments.  The "Word Verification" really isn't on.  BLOGGER INSISTS ON SHOWING THE "CAPTCHA" ICON BUT IF YOU IGNORE IT AND JUST PUBLISH YOUR COMMENT, IT WILL POST JUST FINE.  I WISH I COULD GET RID OF IT BUT THERE'S NO OPTION FOR THAT WHEN THE COMMENTS ARE WRITTEN IN A SEPARATE BOX.  SORRY.

12 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love this image, hasn't she got the cutest images? Love your interpretation of the sketch and the colours you have used.
Faith
PS Enjoy your holidays and the travel

Linda Simpson said...

Oh my I love this little cutie, a beautiful card! Have a safe trip and see you when you get back.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Lin said...

This IS a sweet kittie image, Connie, and I love your take on the sketch, too! Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Mari said...

Such a cute card. Lovely image. Thanks for playing with us at The Crafty Addicts :) xx Mari

Laura said...

This is really cute!
Thanks so much for joining us at Crafty Ribbons Challenges,
hope to see you join us again
Laura
DT

Coccinelle Demoiselle said...

Cats are always so cute and this one looks like Marie in the Aristocats! Many thanks to join us in Crafty Ribbons Challenge this week and good luck from Christelle DT.

ike said...

Oh such a sweet smiling kitty :-) A super card and yes - you didn't wander off very far from the sketch this time !!! LoL
I hope you have a pleasant and safe trip !
Thank you for purring along to play at SUYP Cats Challenges :-D

Hugz
IKE x

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

Donna Ellis said...

My kitty looks that happy sometimes! LOL unlike your little darling, She can also be aggravating! Great card design! Hugs, de

Stephanie said...

Fantastic card, thanks for playing along at Catch The Bug. Hope to see you again this week.

Min said...

This is too cute!! I love this little guy!
Thanks so much for playing along with the Bugaboo Stamps/Catch The Bug Bingo Challenge. We hope you'll join us again this week for the Color challenge. And if you enjoy sketches, you've still got time to join the June Stella Says Sketch Challenge!
Hugs & Happy Days!
Min

Dawn said...

How cute is that little guy!
Love you take on the sketch too!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Susan Renshaw said...

Love that little cat!
Thank you for sharing with Create and Inspire!
Susan
DT for Create and Inspire!
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!