Thursday, December 10, 2015

Do Penguins Wait for Santa?

     I've never been able to confirm that penguins are excited about Santa's visits but this little guy seems to think it's worth watching the skies.  :-D  It's a Bugaboo image and this is the first card I've been able to get done in their week of Christmas themed challenges.  This one is for Catch the Bug's "Here Comes Santa" challenge.


     I colored with ProMarkers and die cut the image with one of my Stitched Rectangle Dies (Memory Box.)  I added two layers of mats and adhered it all onto a pre-made, colored, card base.  I used three little snowflakes, punched from red CS.  Hard as it is to see in the photo, I added glitter to the snow and to the snowflakes.  I left it CAS, partly because it's going to be a card for a guy.

     Challenges:
A Gem of a Challenge
Allsorts
Animal Friends
Card Mania
Christmas Cards All Year Round
CCC Digi
Digistamps 4 Joy
Hiding in My Craft Room
My Time to Craft
Natalie and Amy's
Petal Lu
Scrapy Land
Speedy Fox & Friends
Where the HeART Is

     Two weeks from tonight is Christmas Eve.  Are you ready?   Have you mailed your packages and cards, and wrapped all the gifts?  Have you baked those cookies for Santa?   Are the stockings hung by the chimney or do you wait until Christmas Eve for that little chore?  If you haven't done any of those things, you need to get a move on!    Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

21 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

Such an adorable cute penguin and I am sure they do get excited to see Santa.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Samra said...

Thank you so much for joining our challenge#31 at Scrapy Land.
Samra GDT

brenda said...

A great CAS card and fun Penguin, it's perfect for our them this week, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge.

B x

Donna Hanley said...

Wow those two weeks are going to fly by. Good thing I'm almost done. I'm sure penguins wait for Santa. They are such darling creatures how could Santa forget them. This one is especially cute with his hat surrounded by beautiful snowflakes. Have a fun day.

jimlynn said...

I just love this little penguin! He's a chubby little fellow and precious. Love the sparkle and shine from those snowflakes too. Christmas will be here before we know it now.
Lynn

Bernardine Cuttino said...

Love me some penguins. Remember when I first saw one. This one is so cute waiting for santa. Not sure if he knows who santa is. Anyways, love the CAS and coloring of this festive beauty.
Hugs
Berni

Stampsnob. said...

Not here yet but this is as cute as the dickens TFS MFP Speedy Fox and Friends...............Lis DT

Donna Ellis said...

hahaha! Cute! I remember once we got up thinking it was morning, and my parents had only finished putting the gifts out and were sitting down to nibble the cookies! LOL Darling card, Connie!

Thanks for joining us in the {Scrapy Land Challenge}! Hope to see your pretty projects again.
crafty hugs,
de
{Creative Smiles} my blog

Peanut said...

Aaaaaw! Little pingu is too cute!
x Asha

Unknown said...

Awesome. Thank you for joining us over at CCC Digi Creations Challenge. Look forward to seeing you again.

Tammi
CCC Digi Creations, DT
makememories4life@blogspot.com

Jen Leeflang said...

Your card is so cute! Thanks for joining us for our Christmas Chaos event this week at Bugaboo's Catch the Bug blog.
Good luck!
Love
Jen Leeflang
BUGABOO DT

Lori Kobular said...

Your little penguin is so cute! Love your cute as can be card! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenge #31!

Vickie Y said...

Adorable image and card. Thank you for sharing with us at MFP SF&F.

Sheryl said...

What a cute image on this fab card. I love it! Thanks for joining the fun at Natalie and Amy's this month, hugs Sheryl DT member xx

Virgo5 said...

Great penguin card, I love the large look, I'll have to try that! Thanks for joining in our Christmas Chaos challenge at Catch The Bug!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love this fun penguin waiting for Santa.

Unknown said...

Super cute card. I love the stitching. I also love to stitch paper. Way better than stitching fabric :)

Hazel said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely crafting for CCAYR December challenge - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, CCAYR design team - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for December - I'd love to see it there too x

MagsB said...

What a sweet card, NanaConnie, the penguin is adorable! Thanks for joining in at My Time to Craft!

love Mags B x

KarinsArtScrap said...

NanaConnie this is very cute
Thanks for join us at
{Digistamps4Joy DT Member}
Hope to see you again and goodluck

Karin

scrapfantazje said...

Thank you for joining us at Card Mania Christmas Challenge:) good luck:)
Marzena DT